



About 10:15pm last night as Spencer climbed into bed, I heard a strange noise, Spencer said it was just Buddy who was sleeping in the kitchen. But I kept thinking, no, it wasn't Buddy. Then another noise, this time I said "Its not the dog!". So we jumped out of bed and as Spencer walked down the hallway where he could see out our south facing window he yelled "THE SHED IS ON FIRE!!!" Before I could hit send on my cell phone the fire truck had already unloaded. Thank goodness to good neighbors who saw the flames! I didn't get the camera fast enough because I had to give information to the police officer. So enjoy the morning after pictures. We aren't sure how it started, but we know it started from the wood burning stove. Spence had a fire last night but left the shed around 7pm so anything that was still burning should have been completely out... apparently not though. Something lasted long enough to cause this damage. We are all well.. Sadie slept through the whole thing! And, so did Buddy....some guard dog! Poor dutch who likes to stand by the shed was found as far away as the corral would allow her to! A little shaken up, but she is fine. The lesson learned... put the fire completly out and make sure you have an inventory of EVERYTHING you have... that will be my Friday project! Of course once I inventory everything in my house nothing will happen but better to be safe than sorry!
5 comments:
That is crazy!! I am glad you guys are ok. Wyatt just saw the pictures and asked what they were and I told him your shed burned down and he said "that's to bad"
wow! I have had a couple of instances with fires. When I was little part of our house caught on fire. I'm glad everything is ok and I hope you didn't put too much stuff in the barn yet that you need.
:( Oh How sad. Spencer's face says it all!!
Oh my heck!!!! I'm so sorry about the shed!!!!!!!!! Glad no one is hurt, but it probably hurts the stomach!!!! I hope your are still enjoying this time of year and getting ready for Christmas!!! I hope little Sadie is doing well.
Love ya!!!
I think Jake was just as disappointed as Spencer - he LOVED that shed!!!
Nice Photos of the old shed! Better luck with the next one!
Post a Comment