Thursday, October 30, 2008

Operation Sadie











We finally met with the specialists up at Primary Children's Hospital yesterday. We were able to meet the plastic surgeon as well as the nurosurgeon. Sadie's skull is fussed in three places in the back of her head which is uncommon as well as having 3 fusions. So they will be doing the operation most likely the last week of December. The surgery is 5 hours long. Because of potential blood loss, Sadie's pediatrician will give her something each week for three weeks before to help boost her red blood cells. She will spend the night in the NICU and then will spend 3-4 days in a regular room. The Plastic Surgeon we will be using has done 3 of these surgeries in the last 10 days. He trained in Dallas under one of the most well known Drs who does these surgeries. Sadie feels totally comfortable with him as do we!!!

Other than that.. Everyone is doing great. Sadie weighed in today at 10 lbs 5 oz.... I cant believe how big she is getting!!




3 comments:

Mik's Jewelry Shop said...

She is getting so big. I am glad you guys are happy with your dr. and that they are so experienced!

aleisa said...

That is so scary but I am glad the Dr. has lots of experience. We will be praying for you and your little cutie!

Christa said...

She is getting so big. She is so cute and I wish you the best. Mine is trevorandchrista.blogspot.com